Thursday, May 28, 2009

Test Results

Thank you to all of you that have been praying for David and for the results of his test. We got them back yesterday and there was nothing wrong with his appendix besides regular ol' appendicitis which they thought was odd. I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not, but David's appendix was in the top 4 largest that the physician had ever seen, and so he was worried about what made it so big. One of the options he gave us was that it was filled with mucous, the other was that it could have neoblasts in it. I remember sitting there while he was talking wondering what neoblasts were and I started putting together my word parts from school and neoblasts means cancer cells. So, as you can imagine, that is all that stuck in my head after he said those words. Not to mention that he operated on a lady about 2 weeks ago whose appendix looked like David's and was filled with those neoblasts...but thanks to all the wonderful prayer warriors out there, we have a clean bill of health, a 4 inch incision, and a sore little fella...but that is okay, we are so thankful that everything turned out okay! So, I know ya'll are tired of hearing about the sickness, so I am going to switch modes into what we did before we left...

On Thursday night, we went to Misti's house for our end of the study cookout. These ladies have grown to be some of my closest friends and we can truly lean on each other with our burdens. It has been a wonderful study, and they are all going to continue this summer...while I will be in school 3 nights a week. :( However, I hope to pick up with them in the fall. I know I am going to need them to lean on during nursing school!!! :) Here are some shots from the night!

IMG_6822

Kristi whipping up some delicious Butterfinger Icecream!! YUMMY!
IMG_6823

This is what we looked like before our Bible Study...
IMG_6825

This is after!! Thanks again ladies for the great time!
IMG_6824

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger