Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bag Ladies Brunch

On Saturday, my mom and I attended the Bag Ladies Brunch at the Carnegie. It was the first year for the event and it was a great success. They had all these beautiful handbags that they were auctioning off and all of the money was going towards the new Visual Arts Center that Junior League is sponsoring for the Carnegie...so needless to say, I spent entirely too much money on handbags...but when it is for a good cause, I will whip out the ol' checkbook!! I won't get into specifics about my bidding war over a particular handbag, but at the end of the day, I loaded that baby up in my car. What a great feeling...and such an elaborate ploy to get people to spend more money on something than they normally would. Now, I am not a purse girl, or a shoes girl....I guess if I had to say anything I am a clothes girl...actually, I lied. I am a dishes girl. Yes that is right, dishes, like china dishes. I will not spend $50.00 on a purse, but now $50.00 on a plate...what a bargain!! :) Or, I will spend money on outdoor things, like boat stuff or river lot stuff...but on just about everything else I am a cheapo. Love to find a bargain! Here are some shots from the day. We had a great time, and if you didn't make it to the event this year, I highly recommend it. After all, where can you pay $150.00 for a purse that is only worth $80.00?? :)

These are the 11th street and 12th street chicas! We all grew up together...or rather, I was the baby that they put rollers in my hair and dressed me up like a doll...
IMG_6793

IMG_6795

Me, my mom and Aunt Barbara
IMG_6797

Aunt Barbara after she was given the coveted designer purse from our entertainer...
IMG_6798

1 comments:

Gretta said...

I had no idea Mrs. Klepper was your aunt! She was my teacher in middle school & I LOVED her class (well, I loved her too truth be told!) :)


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger