Sunday, May 31, 2009

You have the right to remain silent...


So, I started my first summer class last Wednesday after the world wind weekend we had in Atlanta. Of course, I thought that the first night of class was syllabus night, but to my surprise, my teacher lectured for an hour and 15 minutes....that is a whole other story. He is a very good teacher and I like him, but I wasn't in the mindset for lecture on the first night of class...and I had left David by himself because I thought I would only be gone like 30 minutes...I digress..



So I am in class and everyone has their textbooks out, and I have mine sitting on the desk. Mine looks similar to theirs, but not exactly the same. So, I start panicking thinking I have ordered the wrong book off the internet. SUPER I thought...this is just a stellar week for me! Anyways, my teacher comes in and asks me where I got that textbook, and I told him, I ordered it off the internet. He told me to flip the book over on the back where there is this disclaimer that says this is an international version on the text book I am suppose to have...it is not made for the United States or Canada, and if you are in possession of this book, basically, you have illegally imported it. Well that is just super...I am going to prison for textbook fraud. So, he starts laughing and telling me the FBI is looking for me and all that, and I asked him if I should send it back. He said no, it wasn't that big of a deal. I did get it really cheap, so I should have known something was up with it. I paid like $25.00 for a new textbook, where my classmates paid like $179.00 for theirs. Which brings me to my next point...why in the world does the exact same textbook cost $150.00 less to "International Students??" I mean, seriously....its the same dang book! So, I may go to the big house, but I will continue to import my illegal textbooks so I don't have to dance on a pole to pay my college bills! What a rip off!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Chambless said...

Seriously! I think you should start an illegal textbook importing business.

Stevi said...

Loved this one girl! Glad they didn't haul you off... :)


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger