Saturday, May 9, 2009

Excellence In Leadership-Decatur Morgan County Chamber

IMG_6755

IMG_6752

IMG_6750


This year, I have had the wonderful opportunity to be a part of the 2008-2009 Leadership Decatur class through the Chamber of Commerce. It has been a wonderful experience and I have gotten alot out of it. Growing up in Decatur, you feel like you know everything about our city....well after this class, you realize you have no idea. The day that we did the tour of Decatur and the history of our fine city, I was amazed. I had no idea what all has happened in years past in Decatur. So yesterday, we had our alumni luncheon at Rhodes Ferry Park and had a great time. JW's Steakhouse provided our food, Pepsi provided our drinks and Superior Bank sponsored the event. It was really nice. We got to eat with some of the people from previous leadership classes and get to know them. It was super windy yesterday, but no one was complaining...after like 10 straight days of rain, we will take the sunshine and wind for sure! I made some really great friends in this group that I probably would have never met if not through the Chamber. If you have the opportunity to participate in this group, I highly recommend it. I think you have to be nominated by your company to participate, but if you want more details, call Tiffany at the chamber. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger