Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We are home!!!!

So we finally made it home today...I was very anxious, but we made it. We went through 2 wrecks...one that didn't take too long and the other one had traffic in a dead stand still. So, I decided to turn around in the median like a lot of people were doing and hit the ol' "Detour" button on the GPS...I have only done this one time before and it worked out, granted, it took me through the ghetto in Birmingham, but I got around the wreck. So, I hit the button and took off on these back roads between Atlanta and Birmingham. Well 30 minutes later, I realized that we had made a complete circle and were back at the exit we got off of and the traffic had not moved. I about had a meltdown. I was so worried that David's pain medicine was going to wear off and us be no where near home....so I stopped at a gas station and got directions for a detour and made it okay. It took almost an additional hour, but we didn't have to sit still which drives me nuts. So, the pictures below are from David's first real meal and then our way home....which reading this now sounds goofy, like its a childs first steps or something, but everyday was a milestone. I never thought I would clap and cheer when my husband pooted, but I did. Now, hopefully I will not make a habit of clapping for him when he does this, but he has a pass for the next few days. We will get our pathology report back tomorrow so keep praying for good results!! Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day Weekend!!
IMG_6840
IMG_6841

1 comments:

Meg0429 said...

I have been reading and checking in with how David is doing and the progress. Glad to see that he is ok. It is good that he is home. I hope that the test comes back clean tomorrow. I know you will let us all know. I know you need a vacation for your vacation now. Haha. You have been through the loop. I love how strong you have been and how you have been hanging in there. Keep the faith.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger