Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nothing sets the tone of a dinner party...


More than this crawling on your ceiling....
Let me paint a picture for you....we had people over tonight for dinner...during my 2 week break from class, I am trying to have as many people over as possible because this summer is going to be consumed with class. So, we had 2 couples over for a dinner party. I had everything ready...good food, house cleaned, new dishes out...thought I had it going on. Well, I did until after dinner we are all sitting in the den and the biggest roach I have EVER SEEN crawls out of the top of the fire place. I thought for a second..hmmm...do I try not to draw attention to it, or what...but the sheer look of terror on my face clued everyone in. So, David goes over to kill it, when I reminded him not to smash on the ceiling because it would have left a huge spot, and he knocks it off into the floor. The thing then bolts like grease lightening towards Justin...but David with his cat like instincts kills it before it makes it to him. I have never even seen a roach in our house...we have the occasional spider but not roaches. So, thank you roach community, for getting together and deciding tonight was the night to make your debut at the Higginbotham House....thank goodness the health department wasn't there!!

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger