Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Microbiology Fun!




So, I know I have complained about my class this summer and all, but really, I do have a neat teacher. Last night we made the first part of an experiment that we are doing for the rest of the week. We get to swab an area, any area that we want, bathroom, bottom of purses, keyboards, etc. to see what is the dirtiest thing around. We are then going to let all the bacteria grow in a petri dish and see what is all around us. Kind of neat, but kind of scary too. I am trying to pick the grossest place or thing, so I need some ideas. Anybody got one??

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Who is your teacher? I had Dr. Collier and he was awesome! I was so scared of this class and took it all by itself but it is the best class I ever took. I would be a microbiologist if I didn't have to be away from the boys so much.

Unknown said...

I do this same experiment with my Micro students here at Auburn!! Try your cell phone, back of your watch, TV remote, dog's mouth or feet, or the bottom of your shoes. You will be shocked!!

The Higginbotham's Blog said...

I have Dr. Ansardi at Calhoun. He is super nice and very interesting, but going to any class 3 nights a week for 4 hours is rough!!!

Gretta said...

I suggest your door knob into your house, the lever that opens your dishwasher, your oven handle to open the door, purse straps or David's guitar neck! :) Let us know how your "experiment" turns out.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger