Monday, June 15, 2009

Bargain Bob Bites Me In The Butt...

So as most of you know I am a big coupon clipper/ad scanner for my groceries. I have started cooking Pork Tenderloin a good bit with one of Betty Sims AMAZING recipes and have served it for a couple dinner parties and then just to David as well. It can be a little pricey, like $4.00 or more a pound...and I try to find it on sale whenever I can. So, I was super pumped when I saw that Publix had it on sale for $1.99 a pound. I made David rush out with me on Saturday night at like 9:00 to get some because the sale ended the next day....what I was expecting to get was this.....


However, when we got there, what I found was this.....


Well, not actually that...but it was a 20 pound pork loin.... Now what in the world am I going to do with one piece of meat that is 20 pounds....I guess invite everyone I know over to eat. I thought it was a little misleading because the picture in the ad was the small pork loin that I have above...bummer....that is how they get you though...next time I am going to call ahead to see if there is a 20 pound minimum like there was this time. :)

1 comments:

Jennifer Chambless said...

My Costco has pork tenderloin for really cheap and they are pre-marinated. Super! I think the whole thing was $13 but Dave and I ate off the stupid thing for 4 days! FYI, I foudn that pork tenderloin goes well with pineapple casserole. Happy cooking my friend!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger