Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Lost Art of Serving....



Ahhhh....the art of customer service...where has it gone? It is funny to me now, that more times than not, you get crappy service somewhere. Last night, I needed to get a prescription filled, so I zipped off to Walgreens at 7:40. When I got to the window, the lady very rudely said, "You know we close in 15 minutes right..." I replied with a good ol' "Yes I do," and we proceeded to have a stare down. She told me to pull around if I was going to wait on the prescription. Now, this irritated me for a couple of reasons...

1. It was 7:40 when I got there...they don't close until 8:00...so if you don't close until 8:00, seems like to me you should take prescriptions up until 7:59.
2. Secondly, I was asking her to fill one of the most common antibiotics on the planet....not a narcotic...I mean, if you can't count out 20 pills in 20 minutes, seems to me like you don't need to be a pharmacist....
3. My insurance and everything was already on file, so it literally took her a total of 4 minutes from the time I gave her my prescription to the time I drove away...

Now, I say all that to say this...we all need to make an effort to reward or at least acknowledge those who do give us outstanding service. This happened several months ago, but I actually had a lady at Wal-mart give me extra great service....I know, you are all picking up your jaws, but it did happen at Wal-mart. So, I went on their website and wrote a letter about her and what a nice job she did and how helpful it was. If we would all remember to just treat each other the way we would like to be treated, oh what a great world we would live in... :)

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger