Saturday, August 8, 2009

Work work work....and a little play!

On Friday night, David shot a wedding down in Birmingham of possibly one of the nicest brides we had ever worked with. It was an absolute joy to work with Lauren and her wedding party...more to come on that later. Normally, I do not go to weddings with David anymore, as he has a second shooter now. Well, the second shooter wasn't going to be able to get there until an hour or so before the wedding, so David needed a hand. How does he convince his wife to go be his assistant, drag bags and lights around in 9000 degree weather and walk in heels for 9 hours?? He promises her a night in a fancy hotel and a trip to the Bass Pro Shop. Now, let me explain to you what I mean by a fancy hotel...
IMG_7157 (by alhiggy08)
This would be it...the Comfort Inn and Suites...now this hotel is fancy for one main reason to me...it has a waffle maker that you get to make your own waffles at for breakfast. I don't know what my fascination is with the waffle makers, but I LOVE THEM!! Oh, and yes, I did have clothes on in this picture....I had just gotten out of the pool for a lovely morning swim...
IMG_7159 (by alhiggy08)

Anywho...on to the rest of the day. We then took off to the Bass Pro Shop, or as I like to call it, "The Greatest Place On Earth!!" I could spend every dime I own in there!! That place is amazing....we made it out with minimal damage today...David got a pair of boat shoes, a new gerber tool and something else I can't quite recall..and I got a sling shot dog ball thrower (that is not the technical name), a new Bass Pro hat and shirt. I really wanted a deer feeder that I have had my eye on, but I need to save my pennies up for that one. We had a super time inside the store too, here are some things that happened...

David was attacked by a bear...
IMG_7160 (by alhiggy08)

The same bear patted me on the head....
IMG_7161 (by alhiggy08)

We played some games...
IMG_7162 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_7164 (by alhiggy08)

Admired the beautiful store....
IMG_7167 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_7170 (by alhiggy08)

And then last but not least....David tried on this sweet outfit....too bad it didn't fit...
IMG_7171 (by alhiggy08)

On a positive note, the lady from the Bass Pro store told us that they were told the store in Decatur would be opening in either March or April...I told her they haven't even moved the first mound of dirt..oh well, maybe she knows something I don't!

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger