Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Sweet Raja

IMG_6945 (by alhiggy08)

I got the phone call this morning that every animal lover dreads....David called to tell me that my childhood dog Raja had died last night. I was crushed. She had somehow gotten into some rat poisoning and died last night at the vet. Raja and I had a long standing history together...I will sum it up for you. My brother gave Raja to my parents for Christmas one year, he had rescued her from the pound. You see, Chow's get a bad name, and really for no good reason. They are kind of like pit bulls....sure they look mean and they have a reputation of being mean, but really, its the owners that make them mean. I could make Wilson mean if I wanted to. Anyways, long story short, my dad decided one day to take Raja back to the pound...he wasn't very fond of her. (I should have known then what a jerk he was...I digress) I was a teenager at this time, and found out he had taken her to the pound. I wasn't really defiant as a teenager, but this would be one of the times where we had, for lack of a better term, a pissing contest, and I won. I went to the pound, bought the dog back and brought her home. She stayed with us ever since. She was always such a sweet loving dog, but I was also glad that she looked "mean" as well. People would leave our house alone. I hope she enjoyed living with us as much as we enjoyed her. She will be missed dearly!

2 comments:

Gretta said...

so sorry to hear about Raja. Losing those childhood "friends" is never easy. And I agree about your Dad (but that's another story, too!) Praying for you & your family Anna.

Jennifer Chambless said...

Oh Anna! I'm so sorry! I know how hard it is to lose a pet. Now Raja can play with Delilah in doggy heaven.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger