Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Next Goal....



So several weeks back, I competed in the Wet Dog Triathlon out at Point Mallard. By far, it was one of the biggest fitness challenges I have ever completed. So the next day, on Sunday, I was still feeling pretty good about myself...king of the world kinda thing...when my friend Cristi from church came up to ask me about the race. I told her all the details, and she asked me if I would run with her in a half marathon in October. Why the heck not...I mean, I was still on the runner's high from the day before and felt like superman. However, this morning (SATURDAY) when the alarm went off at 5:45 a.m., I was not feeling like superman. In fact I felt like death. But Cristi was meeting me to run at 6:00 a.m., and there was no turning back. What was actually nice, was that the time goes by so much faster when you have someone to run with. We chatted the whole time which was amazing to me, because normally I am having to use all my energy to focus on breathing and not passing out. :) So keep your fingers crossed we can get through all this training!!

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger