Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Vacation

We really had a great time on our vacation, minus our short run in with the law!! David and I have taken cruises for the last couple of years for several reason:
1. You don't have to plan anything...get on the boat and everything is done for you..
2. I feel like I can truly relax...I feel guilty laying around in a hotel room, like I should be out doing something...
3. No one gets in touch with you...which I LOVE!!

Well, we wanted a change of pace, so we went to Orlando with a place to stay and that was about it. We didn't have a plan, we made it as we went. We stayed in this beautiful Holiday Inn Resort, which is actually a timeshare place that has like 2400 acres. It was really nice, probably a little more than what we needed, but I'm not complaining. Day one...we checked in to our villa..

IMG_7196 (by alhiggy08)

And David took an aggressive stance showing off the jacuzzi tub...
IMG_7197 (by alhiggy08)

We played in the lazy river, which was fabulous!!
IMG_7216 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_7199 (by alhiggy08)

We then headed out for a nice dinner...
IMG_7217 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_7218 (by alhiggy08)

(I have somehow along the way adopted David's theory of "don't take the same boring picture with the same boring smile..."
IMG_7219 (by alhiggy08)

Then we headed off to this place called Jelly Rolls which is a dueling piano bar. It was so much fun!!

***I would like to make the disclaimer that in no way will Jelly Rolls ever be as fabulous as the night all the Phi Mu's spent in New Orleans at Pat O'briens, but it was fun!***

IMG_7222 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_7224 (by alhiggy08)

3 comments:

Meg0429 said...

I am glad you had a fab time on your trip. The place you stayed at looks really nice!! I love lazy rivers. My fav because I love just floating in water being lazy :) I also love how David and you always take pictures of food. You two take more pictures of food than anyone else I know. It is one of the many things I love about you...along with your glass eye. (yes I mentioned it in all post except the one about david's american idol bc i felt like that should be totally dedicated to him to be in the spotlight). I have always been a fan of piano bars. Loved Pat Obriens when we went. My favorite place in NOLA by far. I have never heard of Jelly Rolls, but I will have to check it out if I ever go back.

Mary said...

I LOVED Jelly Rolls when it was in ATL. That lazy river looks pretty good too... Oooh I am jealous of this vacay

Caroline said...

Lovely pics!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger