Sunday, September 13, 2009

The First Home Game...

So Saturday, we jetted off to Tuscaloosa for the first home game. I will clarify...David jetted, while I limped my way to the car and the stadium. Cristi and I had done our long run that morning at 5:45 a.m. and my knees felt like a 90 year old lady....anyways, we got down there and met up with all of our old friends that we haven't seen since the Auburn game. It was really a fun time. And the big moment....the unveiling of the "THE DRESS." I don't know if ya'll remember or not, but about a year ago I started on a dress for Emily, Jennifer's little girl and our first Phi Mu baby. Well, a year later, it was finished and she got to wear it to the first game. Then next year, baby Lucy, Lawren's little girl, will wear it to her first BAMA game and so on and so forth. Kind of like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants...but with a dress! We had a great time at the game, minus the 1st half, (what team was that?) and then we headed back to good ole Decatur to sit with eyes half open at church this morning. On a better note, my knees are feeling much better today, but I am breaking down and going to Fleet Feet where I am sure I will spend no less than $300.00 on fixing my knee problem. The price of victory I guess!! :) Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Me and David at the tailgate..
IMG_7384 (by alhiggy08)

Emily changing into the Phi Mu baby girl dress!
IMG_7385 (by alhiggy08)

I think she likes it!
IMG_7390 (by alhiggy08)

Emily and Aunt Anna....
IMG_7394 (by alhiggy08)

Me, Jen and Emily
IMG_7396 (by alhiggy08)

David and Emily
IMG_7397 (by alhiggy08)

Scott and Shawna dropped by to see us at the tailgate...
IMG_7398 (by alhiggy08)

The Pierce Family
IMG_7399 (by alhiggy08)

Me and Melanie!
IMG_7414 (by alhiggy08)

And Ginger came by too!
IMG_7417 (by alhiggy08)

It was so good to see all our friends and family this weekend! Roll Tide!

3 comments:

Ann Taylor said...

Nice work on the dress! That is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You sure are crafty. I love that little dress you made :)

Jennifer Chambless said...

YEAH! Emily loves the dress and I love the pictures. You'll have to send them to me! It was so good to see you guys even for such a short time.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger