Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What is the world coming to??


The recent story about Jaycee being found after 18 years has really thrown me for a loop. I have so many questions about this case that all seem like they should be easily answered. How in the world did this little girl and her 2 girls live for 18 years in a man's backyard in a neighborhood and none of the neighbors had a clue? Granted, from the pictures that were shown of the house, it looks like they had a plain privacy fence up, but their house was surrounded on multiple sides by neighbors who shared the fence with them. I just don't understand how this could have gone on so long. The years of therapy that these girls will face, I cannot possibly imagine, if there is hope for them at all. And punishment for the sex offender? Is there really any relevant punishment for what he did to these girls? If they sentence him to death, that is too easy, if he lives the rest of his life in prison, that's pretty easy as well. What do you do with someone like that? I think he should be caged at the zoo the way he kept those girls caged all those years. And his wife??? She deserves the same thing. I can't get that family out of my head and I pray that they can find some sort of peace in all of this. All I know is that they have a very long road of recovery ahead of them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a firm believer in the death penalty, but in this case I believe that torture is appropriate. He should be tortured every day he held that woman captive.

I don't want one cent of my tax dollar to go toward kepping this person in prison. The only dime I'll spend is the one I buy for the bullet to put him out of our misery.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger