Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Great Canoe Story of 2007

Stick with me folks...this may be long, but well worth the read!! The other night, we went to a little party with friends, and our famous "Canoe Story" came up. It got me thinking about that infamous day in October of 2007...so when I came across the pictures from that day, I had to post them....if you are still unsure about reading this...maybe this picture will entice you...
IMG_4424 (by alhiggy08)
Interested yet??? I'll continue....
David and I had decided to take our new (new to us) canoe out on the river, grill hot dogs, and listen to the BAMA game. We decided to take Wilson out for his very first ride in a canoe...we were skeptical, so when we went out, all of our good stuff, phones, wallets, etc, were carefully secured in plastic bags, because we just KNEW we were going to topple over. Well, much to our surprise, he does wonderful...sits up front like a champ, and all is well....
IMG_4396 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_4400 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_4406 (by alhiggy08)

IMG_4408 (by alhiggy08)
So we get back to shore, and I decide after eating, that I am going to go out for a little spin by myself...
IMG_4419 (by alhiggy08)

Then David decides he is going to go out by himself as well...much to Wilson's disapproval....
IMG_4420 (by alhiggy08)

This is when the fun begins...Wilson and I are sitting on the shore watching David paddle around. He had gone out as far as he was going to go and was turning around. At that moment he learned a valuable lesson about canoeing. When you are turning sharply against swift current don't do it too fast. All of a sudden we see him fly out of the canoe and into the water, with the canoe turning over...I freaked out....he is REALLLY far away and I can't remember if he had on a life jacket or not. At this moment, it seemed like the current of the river just picked up....he yells back that he is fine, but even as hard as he is swimming, he and the canoe are not getting close to the shore. Fearing that he will end up 2 miles downstream, I am trying to figure out what to do next. Now, I am going to paint a mental picture for you that I wouldn't do for most...but to get the full affect of the story, I must. Let's just say I had on my "river canoe clothes" so there were no cute panty sets involved in this story. I was fully clothed and thought, there is no way for me to swim all the way out there to him and pull the canoe back in with all my clothes on...I will probably drown half way there....so I do what any other Southern Lady would do...strip down to my bra and granny panties and go after my man!!! (Looking back now, the panties probably should have come off too...they were pretty heavy when they were full of water!!) So, I go swimming out to David, meanwhile Wilson is about to chew his leg off because I have tied him to the dock, and we pull the canoe, full of water, back in. Poor David had never been so tired in his life...he collapsed on the dock....
IMG_4422 (by alhiggy08)
Wilson, on the other hand, looked at us with that look of, "If I had been in the boat, none of this would have ever happened...
IMG_4423 (by alhiggy08)
And the rest is history. I will say, that I have searched You Tube just knowing that someone on the river that day witnessed my Baywatch Granny Panty Rescue and video taped it...I haven't seen it yet though....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True Tide fans. You both own red underwear.

Gretta said...

That is hysterical...you guys should seriously write a book about your adventures!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger