Friday, September 18, 2009

The Wedding Closet

IMG_7418 (by alhiggy08)

When David I moved into this house, we were amazed at this huge storage/pantry area that we had in this house. It was a room, probably 8 feet long lined from floor to ceiling with shelves. When we first looked at this house I thought, "We don't have enough stuff to fill that thing up..." Then came the wedding. David and I were extremely blessed to have more than 10 wedding showers, so needless to say, the ol' wedding closet filled up fast. Now, one thing we disagreed on was whether or not to take back duplicate gifts. For the most part we did, but some items I insisted on keeping even though we already had one. For instance toasters. Needless to say, we received several toasters. Now, I did take several of them back, but also kept a few of them. Which brings me to my next point. Yesterday, my handy toaster from college, which I have had for 8 years quit working. I eat pop-tarts every morning, so as you can tell, this put an immediate kink in my day. What to do? Head off to the wedding closet to retrieve one of the brand new toasters waiting on me. So, there was no delay in breakfast, except trying to figure out how to work this fancy one, and all was well. So the moral to the story is, keep some of those duplicate wedding items, because one day you will be cutting it close on getting to work when your toaster breaks. Oh, and on a side note, we will not have to purchase another toaster until 2032 based on my calculations.

1 comments:

Meghan said...

Gare and I used some for gifts!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger