Sunday, March 8, 2009

And They Call The Thing Rodeoooo!!!

Saturday night, our friends Brandon and Cheryl invited us to go to the Rodeo with them. We LOVE the rodeo/bull riding and so of course I was game! Brandon owns Outdoor Solutions and they provided the "Virgin Dirt" for the event, so they got some free tickets to the rodeo. If you want to hear more about the "Virgin Dirt" go to WAAY Channel 31's website and watch the video with them talking about the rodeo. Its a hoot!
So, we get there, and they go through all the events, which are pretty entertaining, but then comes the bull riding which is my absolute favorite. Now, I try to conduct myself in a manner that wouldn't embarrass my mother, but bull riding does something to me. I love watching it, but at the same time, when the riders get bucked off, I tense up to the point that I am physically sweating. And, as if they can hear me...I holler for them to get up, or move out of the way, because they clearly can't see that the bull is about to step on them, or grind them into the dirt. What I do like about the video below, is that Cheryl is the same way. However, she is not a screamer like me...no, she does this weird pelvic thrust thing when the riders come off. Its strange, but, hey, who I am to judge. Anyway, we had an awesome time...thanks again to the Davis Family and Outdoor Solutions for the tickets. Oh, just a little preview...next Saturday, I am getting to use my birthday present...tickets to the PBR in Birmingham (Professional Bull Riders). I am sooo excited, I can't wait!! If you have never been to an event like this before, I highly recommend it. You would be surprised at how much fun they are...I never would have thought I would like this kind of stuff but I LOVE IT!!

IMG_6463

This is me and Cheryl making our calf faces....
IMG_6464

Much more flattering....
IMG_6465

The gang...
IMG_6477

And the famous video....

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the post and the plug for Outdoor Solutions. Have fun a the PBR. Maybe one day we can supply them some of that good ole "virgin dirt"!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger