Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Betty Sims...does it again!!

Last night, I attended my second Betty Sims cooking class and it was as fabulous as the first one!! This one was called Economical Entertaining and she did a wonderful job. I had to share this recipe with you all...because it is sooo simple and cheap and DELICIOUS!! When we ate these, I thought they were much more elaborate than what they were and I made a fool out of myself by eating like 5 of them...all the other dainty ladies just had one...well, pass your serving to me then!! :) So here goes...

Parmesan Puffs
1 loaf thin white bread
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated (use the real stuff)
1 medium onion, sliced in small pieces, placed in water to soak

Pre-heat oven to 400. Using a round biscuit cutter, cut out 30 rounds of bread. (She used small egg shaped cutters, so she got two out of each piece of bread). Mix mayonnaise and parmesan. Spread each round with mayo mixture. Place a small piece of onion on top. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until beginning to brown. Serve hot.

This was SUPER delicious, and looked really elegant. Try it out and let me know what you think!

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger