Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Coupon Queen




Over the past several months, we have had a couple of transitions in our lives that have caused me to be a little more careful with our spending...now, its nothing dramatic, but I started this process when we needed it, and now that we don't need it , I am continuing it and it is really paying off. It is amazing to see how much money we really waste and it can all be prevented. I became the coupon/price match queen. Now, I know there are like a bazillion websites with helpful tips and hints and such, and some can be rather complex. My method of madness has been price matching/combining coupons. I tell you, once you get started doing this, its kind of like an addiction....to see how much you can save the next time. So, what I would do, is get the Sunday paper and get all the ads from all the grocery stores. I would see what was on sale and then make a meal plan for the week. But instead of driving to 5 grocery stores, I would take everything to Walmart and get them to price match. Now, most people will price match like 3 or 4 things....I come in with 30-50 price match items and the cashiers all cuss when they see me coming and turn off their lights. However, I have saved hundreds of dollars doing this, so it is worth a little extra effort. I have even gotten to where I will price match and item and have a coupon for it and so Walmart ends up paying ME to take the item. Its pretty cool. David sent me a link today for a blog of some friends of his from Athens who do similar things and they have lots of good resources...so check them out. Oh, and don't be afraid to get in a stare down with Walmart personnel...they will eventually back down. :)
http://twothriftysisters.blogspot.com/

1 comments:

Two Thrifty Sisters said...

Thanks for the shout out, Anna! I just now saw that you mentioned us - I've been so busy with Two Thrifty Sisters that I barely even look at my own family blog anymore. We may have to do a post on TTS: "Anna's tips for taking on Wal-Mart."
I check in on your blog from time to time, and it seems like you and David have so much fun! And of course, love your dog. :-) Tell David I said Hey!

Rebekah


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger