Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pancake Day!

IMG_6438
Most of us Decatur folks are very familiar with Pancake Day here in town. For those of you not from here though, every year we have the Kiwanis Pancake Day that is on a Saturday in February and goes from like 5:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Every year this is a huge hit in town and thousands of people flock through the doors of Decatur High School. I love pancake day for many reasons...mostly, because I like pancakes, but secondly, you always see lots of people that you know there and its fun to go back to old Decatur High School. This year was a little different for me though. I got up and went to the gym before going to pancake day. I ran/sprinted my 30 minutes on the treadmill, then lifted weights. It occured to me though as I was driving home that even though I was drenched in sweat and felt like I had been beat up, the amount of calories I had burned in the gym probably only equaled 1/2 of a pancake and no syrup. Its kind of disappointing when you go to the gym and you work really hard, but you only burn like 400-500 calories....how much is that really? Like one Oreo? Sometimes it doesn't seem like it is worth it, but you trudge on anyway! Oh well, I digress...pancake day again this year was great and I am looking forward to next year already!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ss pancake day in Lubbock.


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger