Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Decatur Dixie Darlings 30th Year Recital!

On Saturday I rushed back from my trip to Birmingham with my girls for my Mother's 30th year baton recital at T.C. Almon. I can't believe that she has taught baton for 30 years, and still has the patience to deal with 67 little girls every Thursday after dealing with the kids at her school all day. More power to her. She does such a great job with them, and they always look so cute at the recital. So, this year, I decided to try to do something special for her. I called the Decatur Daily and they came out and did a story on her recital which ran yesterday (you may not be able to read it unless you have a subscription to the Daily)...we also had cake and an engraved clock from Parks and Recreation, and a certificate from the Mayor for her. It was really nice. One of the parts of the Daily story is about a mom, who my mother taught baton, and now her daughter is taking from her. It was really neat! Here are some shots from the night...

This is me reading her the certificate from Mayor Stanford...
IMG_6562

The yummy cake!!
IMG_6566

IMG_6581

IMG_6583

This is the Fukagawa family...we LOVE them and are sad they are moving back to Japan!!! :(
IMG_6589

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger