Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dinner party!!

On Sunday night after church, we had some folks over to our house to eat. I always go way overboard when people come to my house....get out all the fancy serving pieces and the china. David always makes fun of me for doing this...but I enjoy it, so I keep on doing it. While I was setting up my buffet table, I asked him his opinion on how it looked....his response was, "Overdone...so I guess its perfect." Excuse me for wanting to use all the nice things people gave us for our wedding (and all the stuff I have secretly ordered from Pampered Chef and Southern Living at Home). :) Another strange thing that I always do when we have company is to fix something we have never had before. I know this would stress most people out to the max, but for some reason I enjoy doing that. Plus having a picky husband, I don't get to try new recipes like I would like to...when we have people over, he is forced to eat it so he doesn't look rude. :) Anyways, I fixed one of Betty Sims recipes for Pork Tenderloin with a Mustard Caper Sauce, her garlic mashed potatoes, salad and sweet potato biscuits. Justin and Micah brought there famous fudge pie, and then meal was complete. The tenderloin was AMAZING and so easy to prepare. I will have to put the recipe on here soon because it is too good. It calls for Honey Cup Mustard which I had no idea what that was....but leave it to Publix to solve the mystery. We called there and they had it. It is a specific brand of mustard and it is amazing! Here are some shots from the night...all parties at our house end up turning into music sessions whenver Justin, David and Lori get together. They are just too good!!

IMG_6703

IMG_6705

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hey Anna -
Glad your meal turned out great and you found your mustard ; )

Thought instead of stalking I should comment now and then!

Mary

Leanne Helums said...

Boy, this sounds just like me. I love using my good stuff. Why have it if you are not going to use it. I always go overboard too. I love to try new dishes but I too have a picky husband. Ha How funny is that? Glad it turned out well.

Lawren said...

That is so unlike a phi mu to overdo the dinner party! Good job keeping up the spirit sista!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger