Sunday, April 19, 2009

Why Go To Moulton On A Saturday Night???

1. To see exotic chickens and eat extra large hand dipped corndogs
2. To make a citizens arrest on a drunk guy who backed into a car not once, but twice
3. To get felt up by the main show singer, Paul Thorn

Sound interesting...well read on about our night at the Chicken and Egg Festival in Moulton...

David and I almost didn't attend because according to all weather reports, it was suppose to be pouring down rain the whole time. However, not to be deterred from seeing our favorite musician, we went anyways. The night started off pretty interesting, as we had this little hobit lady ask us to move our chairs because she couldn't see and she had been there for 3 hours...we could have been standing up and she could have seen, but that is neither here nor there, we moved to be nice. Paul Thorn started and he was wonderful as usual. David and I dined on some lovely festival food including giant corndogs and chicken fingers. We noticed this couple, extremely intoxicated (in a dry county) that was dancing up front and falling over each other (remember this couple). The guy looked exactly like Billy Maddox which is Paul Thorns band manager. So, the show is over, and David and I go check out some of the exotic chickens before heading out. While walking to the car, we see this truck slam not once, but twice into a parked car. They didn't stop or anything, and drove by us and waved. We recognized them as the drunk couple from up front. So, we got the license plate number, and I went to find a police officer. When the officer came over, David described the man as looking just like Paul Thorns manager...which the officer had no idea what that meant. So, this ordeal took a long time, and the people whose car it was finally came out and thanked us for taking the time to help them. We were about to drive off when we noticed that the autograph line was short, so we went back in to have our tickets signed and a picture made. So, I sat on one side of Paul, while David was on the other. The guy taking our picture took a little longer than I would have liked, and Pauls hand that started on my shoulder, moved down my back, then to my side and ended up on my butt....but far be it from me to mess up a picture...no not this old time pageant girl...you smile no matter what. :) So, as we are walking off, I told David that he just groped me during the picture with my husband standing next to him. Wow...fun night in Moulton!! Here are some shots from the evening...and I highly recommend going to the Chicken and Egg Festival at least once...it is an interesting place!!

The wonderful hand dipped corndogs!
IMG_6649

IMG_6650

IMG_6655

David with his go to point move...
IMG_6658

Paul Thorn
IMG_6661

IMG_6671

IMG_6674

Check out that chicken!
IMG_6678

IMG_6679

Take one....no smile...hand mid back
IMG_6682

Take two...hmmm...why is he smiling so big??? :)
IMG_6681

1 comments:

Leanne Helums said...

Looks like fun. :)
I love reading your blog even though I really don't know you, but I know your mom (my dad graduated high school with her), grandmother, and grew up with Justin (at church), so I am not a compete crazy stranger stalking your blog. Y'all really have a fun life. ENJOY!!!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger