Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's Official....

The marker is in the ground...our place on the river is established!
IMG_6527
Actually, I have been riding around with this flag in my jeep for over a year. I found this darling sign in Cullman at Monograms Plus and I fell in love with it! I could never remember to buy one of those ground stakes for it though, so I couldn't put it up. The other day, I was in Mike's Merchandise (interesting place for those who have never been) and I saw the ground stakes...so I picked one up. Wilson and I had a christening ceremony out at the river and put the sign in. David was busy shooting a wedding, but we can re-create the moment next time he is up there with us. My next project is to de-snake the place. I read about this mulch you can put down that will keep the snakes away, so needless to say I am buying a truckload of it. I am also super pumped because its almost time to get the boat out. After many months of deliberation, we have decided to put the boat back at the Brickyard in Decatur. For those of you that don't know what that is, it is a dry storage place for your boat where you call them, they fill your boat up with gas, and then put it in and out of the water for you. HELLO LAZY US!! What was amazing to me was that the first summer I had my boat, every Friday after work, I would trailer it down to the river all by myself, put it in and zip around. Never was a problem. Then the next summer I took it to the Brickyard, had someone else put it in and out of the water for me, so I got really spoiled. The following summer, we didn't put it at the Brickyard, and I don't even think the whole boat ever got wet. We might have taken it out once. So, needless to say, don't take your boat to the Brickyard unless you are planning on keeping it there forever...it makes you too lazy to do it yourself!! See ya'll on the river!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is exactly why we have never done the dry storage thing! i know i would get too spoiled! i would love to get together with you guys on the water this summer!

The Higginbotham's Blog said...

I am telling you...its the best thing and the worst thing in the world...

Unknown said...

and love the "rivah'!!


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by ArchiThings.Powered by Blogger